l.o.v.e.

l.o.v.e.

Friday, September 25, 2015

September 23, 2015 - A Day to Remember

We received a somewhat unexpected phone call Wednesday afternoon. I was in a meeting at work and for whatever reason, I had my personal cell phone with me. My phone rang, and it was an unknown number, so I waited to see if it went to voicemail. Sure enough, a few minutes later - ding! I googled the area code and since it was northern Chicago, I decided to step out of the meeting to see who it was...just in case....


"Hi Anne, this is Samantha at Angel Adoption. We have a birthmother that is interested in talking with you. Please call me back as soon as possible and I will give you more information."


HOLY CRAP!!!


I called Jim immediately and told him I would return the phone call and let him know what I find out. He reminded me to breathe, and take notes. I ran to the reception desk at the heart center asking for a pen and paper (mine was still sitting in my spot in the conference room). When the nurse handed me a post-it, I just laughed. I decided it would be best, and totally acceptable, to excuse myself from the meeting and make this important phone call. After several minutes of converstation, Samantha confirmed that we need to call the potential birthmother between 7:30-8 pm. She gave us other details, that at this time, we are choosing to keep private. I called Jim back and he was just as excited and anxious as I was. 7:15 rolled around and we were just beside ourselves. "How did this happen so fast?" "This is so amazing!" "What do we say?" "What will she be like?" At 7:28, I was certain we were both going to throw up. I had my Fitbit on and my heart rate was escalating quickly. 7:32 a reasonable (and punctual) time to call. As soon as she answered, we were instantly relieved. The conversation was very easy, heartwarming, and to be honest, it was perfect. We ended our phone call with plans to keep in touch and hopefully meet in the next few weeks/months.


This is only the very beginning of the journey. It's too early in the process to make any definite decisions, or legal action, but we are overjoyed and hopeful. If Jim and I were to have written a dream situation, this would be it.


Prayers please.
Xoxo,
Anne & Jim

We photo documented the evening. ONE glass of wine before, escalated heart-rates, and after the call... Nothing but tears of joy and thanks. :)



2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Mark! We are very hopeful and we're enjoying the journey. We love your support! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete