l.o.v.e.

l.o.v.e.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Anne meets Ayanna

First of all, a huge thanks to Meg and Brandon for not only hosting me this past weekend, but for making arrangements to travel 3 hours each way on Saturday. Your support through all of this adventure is greatly appreciated. And thank you to everyone that called, emailed, or texted us this past weekend; wishing us love, encouragement, support and prayers for a good visit. Your prayers were answered.


Ayanna and I spent several hours together on Saturday, July 9th in Georgia. As I pulled in the driveway, I could barely contain my excitement. Maybe 98% excited, 2% scared... or the other way around, I'm not sure. As soon as she walked out, we hugged. I needed that. I brought some small gifts, and a letter that Jim wrote to Ayanna since he wasn't there to meet her. Throughout lunch we talked about our families, our friends, baby girl, birth plan, adoption plan, transracial adoption, etc. Ayanna is so caring and kind. Traits I know baby girl will carry from her; and that makes my heart happy. We walked around the local mall just chatting, joking and laughing, just like old friends. When I dropped her off at home, and pulled out of the driveway, I immediately started to sob. God had answered my prayers. Every detail of our visit was exactly as I had prayed. I was overwhelmed with emotion.


As I was pulling up to the restaurant Meg had been sitting at for hours, I received a text from Ayanna. It read:
Just read the letter. After meeting you today and reading that I know I am making the right decision. And I'm happy to experience this with you and for you to have something that you have always wanted. Drive safely!
What's next? Jim and I head back to Georgia in 3 short weeks for the birth of our daughter. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we get through these next few weeks, and of course the unpredictability of the adoption process.



No comments:

Post a Comment